Blogging Tips: Growing your Followers
09:00:00
So continuing in my blogging tips series I'm going to be giving you tips on how to grow your followers. My blog's still small but after changing things and doing the stuff I'm about to tell you I definitely noticed a growth in how many people view my blog and in my followers on twitter/bloglovin.
If you don't already use Buffer then you definitely need to. It's a website that lets you schedule up to 10 tweets at a time and is super useful. I set my schedule so that it tweets from my schedule every two hours. I set up tweets that promote my newest blogpost, my Bloglovin', my Instagram... Anything you want! I was worried that it might be annoying for my followers for me to promote my posts that regularly but it's actually worked out really well. Instead of losing followers on Twitter like I thought might happen I've actually gained them instead. I also noticed a huge jump in how many people view my blog a day, especially at night as the schedule means my blog posts are being promoted on twitter whilst I sleep.
I remember when I first started blogging and heard about the twitter chats but never joined in because I thought they were only for really well established blogs. Now I wish I'd started joining in sooner as I look forward to them every week. It's a great way to interact with the blogging community and there are chats for literally everything! I'm going to be doing a post soon that tells you when all of the chats are so look out for it! The chats only last an hour each and there are normally questions to get the discussion going and sometimes it leads to really interesting talks. It's a good way to grow followers as whenever I interact with people during the chats I always follow them and they tend to follow back.
Comment on Other Blogs
This is another great way to grow your readership. Everyday I'll look at my Bloglovin' feed and pick ten posts that I think I'll enjoy and I always leave a comment on each one. Not only does this get your blog out there as I always leave my blog link underneath my comment, but the person who the blog belongs to tends to then find your blog and comment on one of your posts in return. It's also a nice way to be part of the community and build a rapport with other bloggers. When you comment try to leave one that stands out from the standard comments, maybe talk about a particular bit of their post that really stood out to you?
I think all bloggers should be signed up to Bloglovin' as it's a great way to share your content and to find other great bloggers. I know I love scrolling through my feed and reading great blog posts, it's also a good way to get inspiration for your own blog as you can see what type of content is out there. Bloglovin' is great as it means that when you post something it'll appear on their feed and helps to build a constant stream of readers.
Write About What You Love
My last tip is to write about what you enjoy or love. Readers will keep coming back if you have interesting content and if you don't love what you're writing then it's not going to come across as well. Just because you might run a beauty blog or a fashion blog doesn't mean that's the only genre you can post about. It's your blog and you can post about what you want to.
TweetDeck
TweetDeck is probably more useful if you have a larger following on twitter as it allows you to track your mentions, see your notifications, your messages... ect. It's great for organising your twitter and letting you see everything clearly. It's an app that runs on Mac that has columns for all of the different feeds you want to see. My favourite feature is that just like Buffer it lets you schedule tweets, however, this app lets you schedule as many as you want as on Buffer you are limited to just 10.
TweetDeck
TweetDeck is probably more useful if you have a larger following on twitter as it allows you to track your mentions, see your notifications, your messages... ect. It's great for organising your twitter and letting you see everything clearly. It's an app that runs on Mac that has columns for all of the different feeds you want to see. My favourite feature is that just like Buffer it lets you schedule tweets, however, this app lets you schedule as many as you want as on Buffer you are limited to just 10.
Like I said at the beginning, I'm not a huge blog and I don't get loads of hits but by following these tips I've definitely noticed a growth. But remember! Blogging isn't just about how many people read your blog, it's meant to be fun so don't make it all about the numbers!
Holly x


2 comments
These are really useful! I have started joining in twitter chats and they seem to work wonderfully. Also commenting on other blogs is helpful too. I will definitely try Buffer.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
http://fleurdelailis.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter chats I never heard about them before sounds cool. Can you share some of the twitter chats you have joined? I'd like to join some too thanks c:
ReplyDeleteX
http://diaryofseresha.blogspot.com/2016/01/diy-snow-white-poison-apple-part1.html