Is the Beauty Blender Worth the Hype/Cost?
09:00:00
So I know I'm pretty late to the Beauty Blender train but last Christmas my mum bought me one and I decided it was finally time to write a review. Before Christmas I'd been noticing for a few weeks that my foundation had been looking streaky because of my blending brush. At first I thought it was because my brush had too much product build up but after washing it I was still left with small streaks and lines in my foundation which is not really what you want. In the past I'd ordered a Beauty Blender dupe from eBay but it didn't work at all and I was left extremely disappointed. (review here) Due to that I then bought one from H&M, thinking it would work better than a cheap eBay one but yet again I was left with a sponge that didn't work.
Once I started to notice my foundation application being streaky I decided to ask my mum to buy me the Beauty Blender for christmas and I just hoped that it would be better than the two dupes I had tried.
The first thing I noticed as soon as I tried the Beauty Blender was that it actually got bigger when wet, the other two I had tried didn't change at all which meant the sponge was too hard to actually do anything or blend. With this it actually acted like a sponge is meant to and as soon as I started to use it I could tel immediately that my make up was going on a lot smoother. My makeup blended a lot better and I wasn't left with streaks or lines from brushes. Not only is it great at blending foundation but it's great at blending out concealer, liquid/cream blushes and highlighters. It's great to throw in your bag and later on in the day you can use it to touch up your makeup without needing to carry around a lot of brushes or products.
After using the Beauty Blender I can't see myself going back to using a brush. I love the way this makes my makeup look and it takes the place of multiple brushes as it can blend different products. However, due to the price I might try the Real Techniques sponge before buying the actual Beauty Blender again as it is slightly cheaper and easier for me to get a hold of.
I hope this helps you if you're on the fence about buying the Beauty Blender. It's definitely worth the money and I would really recommend trying it, it completely changes the way you apply your makeup and makes it look a lot better.
Holly x




0 comments