How To: Overnight Curls (Method 2)

03:00:00

Hey guys!
If you saw my first method for overnight curls then you'll know I love anything that I can leave in overnight that makes my hair look nice in the morning. I love the other technique but I tried this and I really liked the curls it gave me so I thought... Why not tell you guys! Where as the other technique gives looser curls this one gives you a more ringlet-y type of curl.

All you'll need is some small elastic bobbles to hold the twist in place. I suggest buying these ones from amazon as they're super cheap and they work just as well as the ones from Claire's Accessories.

Now I like to do this after I've just washed my hair as it's much easier to twist and unlike the other technique your hair can dry whilst it's in the rope braid.

Step By Step
  1. Start of with damp hair as it makes your hair much easier to work with and it means the curls will stay throughout the next day. Section your hair into two sides, you can do more if you want to it just depends on the thickness of your hair but two rope braids work well for me.
  2. We're going to start with the left side of your hair, now split this section into two. I suggest pulling all of your hair behind your ear as the closer together the sections are the easier it's going to be and the better it'll stay in.
  3. Now once you have those two sections of hair start to twist them in the opposite direction. It has to be in the opposite direction or the rope braid won't hold it's position and will come out straight away.
  4. Once you've done that start to wrap the two twists around each other, take the front twist over the top of the back twist and then continue to twist them together.
  5. Once you get to the end of your hair tie the rope braid with a small elastic band, two if you have thick hair as you want to make sure it doesn't come out during the night.
  6. Now we're ready to repeat the steps on the opposite side, take the remaining section and split it into two like you did before.
  7. Now once you have those two sections of hair start to twist them in the opposite direction.
  8. Once you've done that start to wrap the two twists around each other, take the back twist over the top of the front twist and then continue to twist them together.
  9. Secure that with an elastic band and there you go, two rope braids!
  10. Hopefully when you wake up the next morning they should still be in, they may be a little messy but that's fine as long as they haven't come undone.
  11. Remove the elastic bobble carefully.
  12. Carefully start to untwist the rope braid but try and keep the twists in.
  13. You should now have four dry twists, if you have any kinks in them then just quickly run a straightener over them to smooth them out.
  14. Now you can slowly unroll the twists one by one, being carefully not to pull the curls out.
  15. Run your fingers through them once they are all out and there you have it, curly hair overnight!

Step By Step In Pictures

Here's a close up of what my curls look like, the photo really doesn't do them justice though.

If you try out this technique let me know how it goes!
Holly x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe