How to: Overnight Curls (Method 1)
03:00:00Hey guys!
I love anything that I can leave in overnight that makes my hair look nice in the morning! And this is one of those things! I have a tutorial for wavy hair that I love using but after I lost my curling wand I wanted a way that would make my hair curly. I've tried this technique a few times and I really like it.
All you'll need is some bobby pins/hair grips to hold the bun twists in place. I suggest buying these ones from amazon as they're super cheap and they work just as well as the ones from Boots.
The first time I tried this it didn't quite work out as well as I'd wanted, this is because I did it with wet hair. Because your hair is in buns it doesn't dry completely so I suggest doing this with damp to dry hair, it won't work if it's wet.
Step By Step
- First of all start with damp/dry hair and section it. I put my hair into four sections but you can do more or less depending on how thick your hair is.
- Brush your hair upwards and get out any knots, I suggest using a tangle teezer as it's much less damaging if you're doing this with damp hair.
- Once you've brushed your hair start to twist it tightly.
- As you twist it should start to form a bun on it's own but help it along and once you've created a bun, bobby pin it in place so it won't come out during the night.
- Once you've done all four (or how ever many you're doing) give them a spritz with hairspray and then go to sleep.
- Hopefully when you wake up they should all still be in tact and dry.
- Bun by bun remove all of the bobby pins.
- Now carefully unroll the buns but leave the twists in until all of the buns are down.
- Slowly unroll the twists until they are all loose.
- Run your fingers through your hair gently to loosen up the curls and make them look more natural.
- You can leave your hair like this but I like to make to plaits on either side of my parting to keep my hair out of my face.
Step By Step In Pictures
If you guys try this make sure to let me know so I can check it out!
Holly x




0 comments