Primary Paired Reading

12:09:00

So, at college we have Enrichment every Wednesday afternoon for two hours. Basically we get to do an activity which will look good on our University applications. Thankfully I managed to luck out and get Primary Paired Reading. This is where we get three children, one from Year 1,2 and 3. They don't come over all together but in 30 minute slots and during their half an hour with us they read and we help them to say words they can't quite pronounce and listen to them.

The first week of doing the children were fairly quiet and didn't really do anything other than read to us and it seemed as though they couldn't get away quick enough. However on the second week they seemed to get more comfortable around us and started to actually interact with us. 

My year 1 has to be the cutest child. I was worried he wouldn't recognise me as I wasn't sitting where I normally sat but apparently there was no need for my concern as he ran over excitedly the moment he saw me and jumped onto the seat. As we started to read he would pretend he didn't know how to say words before ginning and saying it perfectly. He also kept trying to skip to the last page so I jokingly called him a cheater, earning a roll of the eyes and him going back to where we were. He kept making terrible jokes and telling me interesting facts throughout the half an hour before he had to pack up and go. He went and lined up with the rest of the children before he ran back over to give me a hug. I'm pretty sure he's the cutest thing ever!

The girl opposite me however, wasn't so lucky. The boy she had was extremely good at reading and got through his books within the first five minutes so she had to entertain him for the rest of the time. That wasn't the bad part though, no, he farted. Multiple times. Extremely loudly. The first time he did it he knew we'd all heard it and so looked up at the girl he was reading to and gave her a smile similar to that of a Cheshire cat. The second time he did it he decided to inform us that it was a fart, not a burp... As though he thought we were confused. The third time he did it he sighed and told us he'd been farting an awful lot that day.

It's safe to say I'm excited for next Wednesday! The children are so cute and they're getting a lot more comfortable each week.

Holly x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe