Contour + Highlight Palette

03:00:00


Hey guys,
Today I'm reviewing the highlight + contour palette I got from eBay for only £3.39 (Contour Palette, 15 shades - £3.39 with free p&p). I've wanted a contour palette for so long but I just never got around to actually getting one. However, I saw this and I had to get it! For only £3.39 it was such a steal!

It had all the colours I would need and it was less than £5. What's not to love? It took less than a week to come as the seller is UK based which is awesome as when this one runs out I can order another one and I won't need to wait weeks for it to arrive!

It's just a basic contour palette with colours to suit most skin tones. Now this may seem a bit stupid but I had no idea what the green, pink or yellow colours were for until I googled them, so now that I know I'll tell you guys just in case you don't know either.

Green: This is really good at cancelling out any red areas you have, for example, around your nose or any spots you may have.

Pink: This is good for evening out fair skin tones or cancelling out purple under eyes.

Yellow: This works well on people with olive or tanned skin, and it also cancels out any dark patches or under eye circles.


It comes in this sleek, black packaging that can easily fit into your makeup bag if you are going on holiday or staying somewhere over night. It's extremely compact and it would definitely save you space in your travel bag as it contains a concealer, under eye brightener, contour colours, and highlight colours. 




As you can see from the swatches some of the colours are quite orange, however, most of them are extremely usable and there's a great range of shades. I love using the two darkest shades for my contouring as they blend really easily and give my face much more definition and structure.

I'm sure you've seen these pictures before on my 'How I Contour + Highlight' post but I thought they would fit well here as they show how well the palette works in making me look like I have an actual jawline and cheekbones. This is definitely one of my favourite purchases, I just think it's so much fun to play around with contouring and highlighting.


Pro's:
  • They last really well throughout the day as well, not amazingly long but long enough to get you through work or a night out.
  • The colours blend really easily.
  • There's a great range of colours in the palette.
  • The price!
  • Free post and packaging.
  • I've had it for a few months and I still haven't ran out yet.
  • The palette itself is very compact.
Cons: 
  • Some of the colours have an orange tone to them.
  • I get the occasional spot off using the palette but it's rare and only happens if I'm having a bad skin day anyway.
If you want to get into contouring but don't know where to start then I would definitely recommend this palette as a good place to start. It's cheap and has plenty of colours so you can work out what works best for you.

Holly x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe