Tips and Tricks Tuesday #1
03:00:00
Cream Products as Eyeshadow Primers
I recently ordered two cream eye shadows online and when they got here I was really disappointed. I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Back to Bronze (review here) as you can wear it on its own and it looks like you've spent a while on it whilst in reality it actually takes about 30 seconds to put on. I was really frustrated as they were nothing like the Colour Tattoos and it was such a waste of money. However, I decided to try putting them under my eye shadows to see if they might help make the colours more pigmented, and they did!
In the photos below I used my Calvin Klein eye shadow in gold velvet to show you what I mean. I applied it to my right eye only so that you could see the difference against the eye without it. I think there's a clear difference as the colours are a lot stronger and the white is definitely a lot more pigmented on the eye with the cream base. Not only does it make the colours stand out more, it also makes your eye shadow last a lot longer.
So don't worry if you have cream products that don't work or just don't suit your skin tone. I have some cream blushes that I don't like as I much prefer powdered blushes, however, they make really good eye shadow primers! If you have any cream products you don't use then go and get them out and next time you do an eye shadow look, use them underneath as a base, I promise you it'll make your eye shadow look amazing!
For my look above I used the Clavin Klein cream eye shadow in Gold Velvet, and I used the Maybelline Diamond Glow Eye Studio in 1: Purple Drama.
Holly x







7 comments
What a lovely little blog you have hear...
ReplyDeletelove the design and the pictures :)
had a great read so glad I clicked on your blog
would be amazing to see you over in my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/
if you would like to follow each other would be amazing :)
have a nice day
jade
Such a cute eye look!! Great Blog :)
ReplyDeleteErin and Katherine Talk Beauty
Thank you x
DeleteBrilliant tip- I'm always searching for ways to get my eyeshadow to last all day so this was a massive help! x
ReplyDeleteBeauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog
Your welcome :) x
DeleteLove it! Hope you'll stop by my blog !
ReplyDeletewww.loveolia.com
Thanks x
Delete