Everyday Makeup : Summer

03:30:00


Hey guys,
Today I thought I would do a post on what makeup I've been using now that we're moving into the warmer months. Due to it becoming warmer I like to use lighter makeup as I really don't like the caked in makeup look when we move into summer, I think light makeup is so much better.

  1. For my base I used Maybelline's Eraser Eye, I know this is meant to be used for your under eyes but I also use it as my concealer as I really like the coverage it gives. I use this under my eyes and on the sides of my nose to get rid of any redness I may have there. I then just used it to cover up any blemishes I might have,
  2. After that I gave my face a quick dust of powder with my new Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent. I've only had this a while but I already love it! It works wonders.
  3. Once I've done my base I like to move onto my eyes as this is where I like to spend most of my time. To start with I put Maybelline's 24 Hour Tattoo Eye Shadow Cream in Back to Bronze over my eyelid before using the darkest shade of brown in my Beauty UK palette to put in my crease. I really like this look as it takes no time at all but still looks really pretty! I then curled my eyelashes and applied my Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara, it's my holy grail mascara and you can see my review of it here.
  4. After I've finished with my eyes I move onto my brows. I think eyebrows are so important! I mean, have you seen that photo set of celebrities without eyebrows? Creepy. I use my Eylure Brow Pencil in the shade Medium Brown to Light Blonde. I finish them off with Maybelline's Brow Drama Mascara in Medium Brown to keep them in place all day, you can see my review here.
  5. Once my eyes are complete I move back to my face. I use Bourjois' Bronzing Powder and I lightly dust that where I would normally contour as I still want to add some structure to my face but I don't want it to look too harsh. I also dust it lightly on my forehead to make me look a little more tanned than I actually am.
  6. I then dust some blush on my cheeks, the one I use is by Barry M and I think it's the shade Pink Orchid, I've had it that long I can't even remember.
  7. After that I apply my favourite go to lipstick, Kate Moss' Lasting Finish in 19. It's a really pretty pink and it's perfect for summer!




I hope you enjoyed this look! What's your guys' favourite go to product for summer?
Holly x

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Love your blog! :) xx
    I'm a new blogger, and I just discovered your blog! Very cute!
    I also love the Maybelline Eraser Eye, it's one of the concealers i've tried yet!
    xx ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you :)
      It's really good isn't it! It's my go to concealer x

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty look, love the eye make up!
    Daniela xo | danielascribbles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      It's really quick and easy to do as well x

      Delete
  3. So simple yet so beautiful!

    http://theanonymousbeautyblogg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must try out that bronzer. Lovely post, just found your blog!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice bronzer :) It looks lovely on x

      Delete
  5. Looks very fresh! Love that bronzer Xx
    http://louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look - especially as it's not all really high end brands! I have the MUA eyeshadow palette that exact one!:) Abi :) myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer using drug store brands, I mean, everyone is able to get them where as with high end brands they're a lot more expensive x

      Delete
  7. We've been wanting to try the Boujour bronzer for a while now. Such a cute day time look. We love it!
    xoxo Precious Wonders

    www.ourpreciouswonders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe